SERVE IN KENYA!
MISSION IDEAS AND WAYS TO SERVE WHILE WE ARE IN KENYA OR WAYS YOU CAN SUPPORT FROM HERE!
1. Help with Rapha house an organization that helps youth that are living on the street; We help them with lodging, food, schooling, work and most importantly we help/lead them to Christ.
http://www.raphahousekenya.com/about-us/ (Highlight url and check out Rapha house website)
MARIA ON THE LEFT AND AVA ON THE RIGHT BOTH HAD A HARD LIFE AND
BOTH DIED THIS PAST YEAR FROM THE HARD LIFE THEY LIVED
BOTH WITH JESUS NOW!
MY MANY SON’S AND DAUGHTER
2. We can serve orphans all over Kenya we can feed orphans, work at orphanages if you want to work with orphans we have many places to serve.
THIS LITTLE VILLAGE HAS OVER 500 ORPHANS
3. WE CAN WORK AT 2 DIFFERENT SCHOOLS RUN BY CHRIS AND LISA MOORE WITH REAL 4 CHRIST MINISTRIES IF YOU WANT INFORMATION GO TO THEIR WEBSITE http://real4christ.com/
4. HOSPITAL MINISTRY WE GO INTO THE GOVERNMENT RUN HOSPITALS AND PRAY OVER PATIENTS AND GIVE ENCOURAGING WORDS. SOME OF THESE PEOPLE ARE TRAPPED LIKE THEY ARE IN PRISON WITH NO HELP, NO MONEY WAITING TO DIE.
THIS IS OUR SWEET LAURAINE THAT WE MET WHILE DOING HOSPITAL MINISTRY
5. CHURCH IN KENYA! LITTLE DIFFERENT THEN AMERICA! monkeys, birds and out door church with no air condition. In america we are upset if the pastor goes over an hour; in Kenya the services run from 2 hours to 3 hours. While in church people are praising and dancing around really enjoying there time with the Lord.
http://youtu.be/T274h57W7dM (highlight and push enter) on our way to church
MISSION TRIP JUNE 2015
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OUR UPCOMING MISSION TRIP TO MOMBASA JUNE 2015
1st get your passport; make a copy of your passport when you get it in case it is lost.
2nd start saving NOW in January you will need to give down-payment so that I can secure your plane ticket (amount will be determined around December approximately 2,000)
3rd you will need to get your shots 2 months before us leaving; you will need to get a copy of shot records to take with us on the trip
—-updated on all regular shots
—-Hep A, 2 doses series
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/destinations/traveler/none/kenya(highlight this and click enter)
4th if you need help raising money make a mission letter stating what you are going to do and send it out; I would send it to at least 100 people. (everyone you know and in your church)
We are planning a trip to Mombasa Kenya June 2015 (Wednesday 17th) the following is a breakdown of cost for you to go (all cost are subject to change depending on amount of people going)
Based on 8 people going
airplane tickets=2,100.00 we can save 300 per person if we drive to Houston; not sure about this!
visas=50.00( cash only) we will get this at the gate in Mombasa
hotel per person 8 or less=150.00 for 10 nights (at apartment) and if we go to Hotel it will be 400.00 per person
administration=100.00 fees to help offset cost for leadership leading trip
park fee for safari=70.00
safari hotel per person=75.00
miscellaneous=290.00 (vaccinations and other) these you will get on your own before we leave on the trip
pick up and drop off at airport=100.00
bus rate=175.00 we will be using buses and transportation to get around while we are in Kenya!
food and drinks for team=35.00
your food while on trip=350.00
Total expense for 1 person to go to Mombasa Kenya for 2 week mission trip=3,600.00
I would like to have a meeting before hand sometime in early December to talk about everything please first let me know if you plan to go and also let me know what time or day is best for you to come to a meeting.
If you need to contact me you can email or call firstname.lastname@example.org or 361-946-8846